hpr3651 :: HPR Community News for July 2022
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in July 2022
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2022-08-01 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (2)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
Welcome to our new hosts:
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 18 comments in total.
There are 2 comments on 2 previous shows:
- hpr3226 (2020-12-14) "Using taskwarrior to structurize your work" by Jeroen Baten.
- Comment 3: dnt on 2022-07-09: "the urgency"
- hpr3627 (2022-06-28) "Only Key Duo" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: operat0r on 2022-07-06: "Installer Changed ..."
This month's shows
There are 16 comments on 9 of this month's shows:
- hpr3630 (2022-07-01) "Planning an RV Trip" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: brian-in-ohio on 2022-07-05: "enjoyed the show"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2022-07-06: "Photos"
- hpr3632 (2022-07-05) "Intro to web scraping with Python" by Klaatu.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-07-08: "Thank you"
- hpr3634 (2022-07-07) "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About PEX Part 05 - PEX and the Single Installer" by Trey.
- Comment 1: dnt on 2022-07-09: "a hacker's plumbing system"
- hpr3637 (2022-07-12) "HPR feed to Sqlite" by norrist.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2022-07-20: "Daily Database Dump in SQL Format"
- hpr3642 (2022-07-19) "Interview with a Hacker: Vitaliy" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: Kevin O'Brien on 2022-07-20: "Great show"
- hpr3643 (2022-07-20) "My computing history and the software I use" by binrc.
- Comment 1: Archer72 on 2022-07-08: "First show"
- Comment 2: norrist on 2022-07-20: "Plan9"
- Comment 3: Dave Morriss on 2022-07-20: "An excellent first show"
- Comment 4: brian-in-ohio on 2022-07-24: "future show"
- hpr3644 (2022-07-21) "Pinball Machine Repair Tips" by Celeste.
- Comment 1: Archer72 on 2022-07-16: "Pinball machines and English"
- Comment 2: Trey on 2022-07-21: "Welcome!"
- Comment 3: brian-in-ohio on 2022-07-24: "soundscape"
- hpr3648 (2022-07-27) "A response to tomorrows show" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: LongTimeLurker on 2022-07-27: "Known Unknowns"
- Comment 2: E-/-y on 2022-07-28: "Only the Interviews"
- hpr3649 (2022-07-28) "Linux Inlaws S01E61: 20 years in review" by monochromec.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2022-06-24: "response show"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2022-July/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
The UK Tech community has been saddened to hear of the death of Oliver (Olly) Clark, a well known presence at OggCamp, Barcamp and Raspberry Pi meetings. He apparently died in November 2021 as a consequence of COVID-19. His family did not know who to contact in the wider community, so this news only became apparent recently.
- Twitter: @ollyclarkdotorg (https://twitter.com/ollyclarkdotorg)
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.sdf.org/@ollyclarkdotorg
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/ollyclarkdotorg/
- Web site: http://www.ollyclark.org/ (currently unavailable, but archived on the Wayback Machine at https://web.archive.org/web/20210801015127/https://www.ollyclark.org/)
Older HPR shows on archive.org, phase 2
Now that all shows from number 1 to the latest have been uploaded to the Internet Archive there are other tasks to perform. We are reprocessing and re-uploading shows in the range 871 to 2429 as explained in the Community News show notes released in May 2022. We are keeping a running total here to show progress:
- Re-uploads done so far: 576
- Shows remaining to be done: 983
- Shows uploaded by last Community News recording: 431
- Shows added since last recording: 145
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3651.wav