hpr3566 :: HPR Community News for March 2022
Dave and Ken talk about shows released and comments posted in March 2022
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2022-04-04 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
There were no new hosts this month.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 21 comments in total.
There are 7 comments on 7 previous shows:
- hpr1743 (2015-04-08) "Scale 13x Part 1 of 6" by Lord Drachenblut (R.I.P.).
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2022-03-05: "Thank you Lord D"
- hpr1780 (2015-05-29) "16 - TrueCrypt and GnuPG - An Update" by Ahuka.
- Comment 4: elmussol on 2022-03-27: "mistag"
- hpr3461 (2021-11-08) "Changes to HPR Branding" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 2: Bentley Sorsdahl on 2022-03-12: "The TTS voice"
- hpr3496 (2021-12-27) "How I record HPR Episodes" by norrist.
- Comment 3: dnt on 2022-03-09: "I use it"
- hpr3515 (2022-01-21) "ADB and scrcpy" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: Archer72 on 2022-03-03: "On my list"
- hpr3533 (2022-02-16) "Porridge" by dnt.
- Comment 4: Windigo on 2022-03-18: "Very informative"
- hpr3534 (2022-02-17) "Vernier caliper" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 3: Michael on 2022-03-10: "Unit missmatch"
This month's shows
There are 14 comments on 8 of this month's shows:
- hpr3546 (2022-03-07) "HPR Community News for February 2022" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: dnt on 2022-03-09: "Thank you"
- hpr3551 (2022-03-14) "Bash snippet - some possibly helpful hints" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-03-20: "Bash for the Win."
- Comment 2: Dave Morriss on 2022-03-21: "Hi SGOTI"
- hpr3552 (2022-03-15) "Unboxing a PineTime development kit" by Rho`n.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-03-26: "Development on Pinetime"
- hpr3553 (2022-03-16) "Freedom of speech in open source" by Some Guy On The Internet.
- Comment 1: Trey on 2022-03-16: "Great Intro"
- Comment 2: Trey on 2022-03-16: "Important topic"
- Comment 3: Beeza on 2022-03-17: "Free Speech"
- Comment 4: Ken Fallon on 2022-03-17: "My thoughts"
- Comment 5: jezra on 2022-03-22: "the show"
- hpr3557 (2022-03-22) "A short story about Lenovo and laptop batteries" by folky.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-03-31: "Thank you."
- hpr3558 (2022-03-23) "How I'm learning Haskell" by tuturto.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-03-23: "Nicely done."
- Comment 2: tuturto on 2022-03-24: "Good idea"
- hpr3563 (2022-03-30) "Home Coffee Roasting, part 1" by dnt.
- Comment 1: tuturto on 2022-03-31: "Very interesting"
- hpr3564 (2022-03-31) "Removing EXIF data from an image" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Some Guy On The Internet on 2022-03-31: "Much Respect"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2022-March/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Access problems from Argentina
An HPR listener from Argentina reports that the HPR site is unavailable from there. This applies both to an ISP connection and on a mobile phone. It's not clear what is causing this.
Reportedly the problem was resolved on March 30th but the next day it returned and at the time of writing the HPR site is still unavailable.
Older HPR shows on archive.org
As reported on the last Community News all shows in the range 1-870 had been uploaded except for shows hpr0001 - hpr0003. Shows hpr0001 and hpr0002 had been "blocked" by existing non-HPR items from over 8 years ago, with the names we were going to assign. Show hpr0003 seemed to have been an early attempt to upload blocks of shows since it contained the audio for shows 1-9, but no notes.
We received help with clearing the slots for shows 1 and 2 from Jason Scott of the Internet Archive, and the correct shows have now been uploaded. Show hpr0003 has now been resolved by replacing the contents with the appropriate transcoded audio and the notes have been added to it.
We can now consider this project to be complete!
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3566.wav