hpr3549 :: Linux Inlaws S01E51: git and static site generators
git and static site generators
Hosted by monochromec on Thursday 2022-03-10 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: git, content management systems, MoinMoin, HUGO, static site generators, HPR, PEPs, gitea, Reacher.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
Another fortnight, another episode of our beloved podcast called Linux Inlaws :-). What starts as an episode on the history of Central Europe and the role of the Netherlands and Germany in the greater scheme of things rapidly moves sideways into a discussion of git-powered static HTML website generators in contrast to context management systems (CMSs) and their advantages, disadvantages and why the hell even think about this. Chris uses an innocent (?) Linux User Group (LUG) as an example for a successful site migration from a Python-powered CMS to a version of the website based on a static site generator written in Go and called Hugo. Even if you may find this boring to tears stay tuned as there may be an unexpected ending of this ditty in the shape of two interesting poxes...
- CMS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management_system
- Adam and Eve: https://www.adam-and-eve.org
- MoinMoin: https://moinmo.in
- WordPress: https://wordpress.org
- PEP 404: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0404
- Python Enhancement Proposals: https://www.python.org/dev/peps
- Static site generators (overview): https://kinsta.com/blog/static-site-generator
- Linux User Group Frankfurt: https://lugfrankfurt.de/en/Home
- Gitea: https://gitea.io/en-us
- HUGO: https://gohugo.io
- HUGO source code: https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo
- Git (web)hooks: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Customizing-Git-Git-Hooks
- Reacher: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reacher_(TV_series)
- The Comeback Trail: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5420210/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3549.wav