hpr3391 :: HPR Community News for July 2021
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in July 2021
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2021-08-02 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
There were no new hosts this month.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 18 comments in total.
There are 5 comments on 3 previous shows:
- hpr3357 (2021-06-15) "My terminal journey, part 02." by Some Guy On The Internet.
- Comment 2: Some Guy On The Internet on 2021-07-08: "apt-mark hold"
- hpr3367 (2021-06-29) "Making books with linux - part 1" by Andrew Conway.
- Comment 1: Jon Kulp on 2021-07-11: "Page numbers"
- Comment 2: dangerseeker on 2021-07-16: "Fonts and LaTeX"
- hpr3368 (2021-06-30) "Infosec Podcasts Part 4 - Social Engineering Podcasts" by Trey.
- Comment 1: Porkchop on 2021-07-01: "recommendation"
- Comment 2: Trey on 2021-07-05: "Thanks for the feedback, Porkchop."
This month's shows
There are 13 comments on 8 of this month's shows:
- hpr3369 (2021-07-01) "Linux Inlaws S01E33: The Return of the Rust" by monochromec.
- Comment 1: Kevin O'Brien on 2021-07-01: "I loved the show"
- hpr3371 (2021-07-05) "HPR Community News for June 2021" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: frank on 2021-07-05: "A comment on your comment about my comment"
- Comment 2: Trey on 2021-07-05: "Congrats on joining the Ham community!"
- Comment 3: Ken Fallon on 2021-07-06: "Errors in comments"
- Comment 4: b-yeezi on 2021-07-06: "Ranger previously on HPR"
- hpr3372 (2021-07-06) "HPR 2020 - 2021 New Years Eve Show Episode 8" by Honkeymagoo.
- Comment 1: Honkeymagoo on 2021-05-11: "Thanking"
- hpr3377 (2021-07-13) "Chromebook support and more" by Zen_Floater2.
- Comment 1: Clinton Roy on 2021-07-13: "Well,"
- hpr3381 (2021-07-19) "Learning to skate" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Jon Kulp on 2021-07-21: "Consultant available"
- Comment 2: Jon Kulp on 2021-07-21: "Skate Shoes"
- hpr3383 (2021-07-21) "My gEeeky Experiment - Part 1" by Claudio Miranda.
- Comment 1: Zen_floater2 on 2021-07-22: "Why I love OpenBSD"
- hpr3388 (2021-07-28) "Linux Inlaws S01E35: The Free Software Foundation Europe" by monochromec.
- Comment 1: Brian-in-ohio on 2021-07-30: "free speech"
- hpr3390 (2021-07-30) "Intro to DOS Series" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: Brian-in-ohio on 2021-07-30: "great show"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2021-07-30: "You are most welcome"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2021-July/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Older HPR shows on archive.org
This month 35 additional shows in the range 1-870 have been uploaded.
Since we don't want to upload shows without summaries or tags the old shows and tag and summary projects are now tied together. So we will be all the more welcoming of tag and summary updates submitted as described on the summary page.
Tags and Summaries
Thanks to the following contributors for sending in updates in the past month:
Archer72, Rho`n, Dave Morriss
Over the period tags and/or summaries have been added to 71 shows which were without them.
There are currently 222 shows which need a summary and/or tags.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at https://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3391.wav