hpr3326 :: HPR Community News for April 2021
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in April 2021
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2021-05-03 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
Welcome to our new hosts:
Anonymous Host, Trey.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 25 comments in total.
There are 4 comments on 4 previous shows:
- hpr3291 (2021-03-15) "The New Audacity and Batch Processing Macros" by Ahuka.
- Comment 4: brother mouse on 2021-04-04: "audacity batch"
- hpr3296 (2021-03-22) "Spam Bot Honey Pot" by Rho`n.
- Comment 2: rtsn on 2021-04-13: "nice"
- hpr3301 (2021-03-29) "K S P Kerbal Space Program! (Game)" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: Aaronb on 2021-04-17: "Have you seen xkcd about Kerbal"
- hpr3303 (2021-03-31) "Slackware on RaspberryPi" by Brian in Ohio.
- Comment 1: Zen_floater2 on 2021-04-01: "Bravo"
This month's shows
There are 21 comments on 9 of this month's shows:
- hpr3305 (2021-04-02) "Nagios part 2" by norrist.
- Comment 1: Kevin O'Brien on 2021-04-05: "Adding my endorsement"
- hpr3308 (2021-04-07) "let's talk about Thunderbird" by Some Guy On The Internet.
- Comment 1: Henry on 2021-04-09: "Got some good tips ... thank you"
- hpr3311 (2021-04-12) "Bradley M. Kuhn's article from 2019 on Richard M. Stallman" by Anonymous Host.
- Comment 1: brian-in-ohio on 2021-04-12: "bravery"
- Comment 2: Ken Fallon on 2021-04-13: "Long history of supporting anonymous posts"
- Comment 3: Reto on 2021-04-13: "RMS"
- Comment 4: Ken Fallon on 2021-04-14: "Interview with RMS/FSF ?"
- Comment 5: Ken Fallon on 2021-04-14: "Interview with RMS/FSF ? - links"
- Comment 6: Beeza on 2021-04-14: "Richard Stallman"
- Comment 7: Torao on 2021-04-16: "Stallman"
- Comment 8: Cfish on 2021-04-19: "The responsibility of leadership"
- hpr3317 (2021-04-20) "Reading a manifesto: Towards A Cooperative Technology Movement" by clacke.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2021-04-02: "Errata"
- Comment 2: Cfish on 2021-04-20: "Great show"
- Comment 3: Kevin O'Brien on 2021-04-22: "Fantastic show!!!"
- Comment 4: clacke on 2021-04-28: "A season for manifestos"
- Comment 5: Kevin O'Brien on 2021-04-29: "Keep it up"
- hpr3318 (2021-04-21) "Modding a Wii classic with a DNS exploit" by Archer72.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2021-04-21: "sdcard and a usbstick"
- Comment 2: archer72 on 2021-04-22: "Re: sdcard and a usbstick"
- hpr3319 (2021-04-22) "Linux Inlaws S01E28: Politicians and artificial intelligence part 1" by monochromec.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2021-04-23: "AI is misleading AP would be better"
- hpr3320 (2021-04-23) "YouTube Channels for Learning Spanish, Part 2" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: Aaronb on 2021-04-26: "Listening to Twit podcasts"
- hpr3321 (2021-04-26) "DNS66 URANDOM RANDOM" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: Thaj on 2021-04-26: "Mission accomplished"
- hpr3324 (2021-04-29) "Infosec Podcasts Part 1 News and Current Events " by Trey.
- Comment 1: Xoke on 2021-04-29: "GRRRRR!"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2021-April/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Booth kit update
The FSF Europe have sent us a selection of stickers and leaflets to add to our booth kit(s).
- HPR supports anonymous posting
- Use Tor browser
- Sign up on a temporary email address https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposable_email_address
- Select your slot and check for the confirmation email
- Post your show as normal - but add a note to say it's an anonymous user.
Older HPR shows on archive.org
The project to upload the older HPR shows to archive.org has been quiescent for a few years. The shows between 1 and 870 had not been uploaded prior to April 2021 (though some shows had been uploaded in batches in the early days, without notes etc).
However, this old show project has been restarted this month, after new software had been written to help manage the process. At the time of writing 65 shows in the range 1-870 have been uploaded, with notes, and with the same range of audio formats used for current shows.
Since we don't want to upload shows without summaries or tags the two projects are now tied together. So we will be all the more welcoming of tag and summary updates sent to the address referenced in the next section!
The plan is to report the numbers uploaded each month in the AOB section of the Community News show notes.
HPR shows on archive.org have the URL https://archive.org/details/hprXXXX where XXXX is the show number with leading zeroes. So for example, show 840's URL is: https://archive.org/details/hpr0840.
Tags and Summaries
Thanks to the following contributors for sending in updates in the past month:
Dave Morriss, Windigo
Over the period tags and/or summaries have been added to 23 shows which were without them.
There are now 384 shows which need a summary and/or tags.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at https://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3326.wav