hpr2696 :: HPR Community News for November 2018
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in November 2018
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2018-12-03 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
Welcome to our new host:
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows
released during the month or to past shows.
There are 24 comments in total.
There are 9 comments on 7 previous shows:
- hpr2399 (2017-10-12) "Using Super Glue to create Landmarks on Keyboards" by dodddummy.
- Comment 8: dodddummy on 2018-11-23: "There's nothing new under the sun."
- hpr2558 (2018-05-23) "Battling with English - part 1" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 7: FiftyOneFifty on 2018-11-05: "You missed one"
- Comment 8: Dave Morriss on 2018-11-10: "Re: You missed one"
- hpr2562 (2018-05-29) "I bought a laptop" by clacke.
- Comment 2: FiftyOneFifty on 2018-11-05: "Getting paid in Cryptocurrency"
- hpr2629 (2018-08-30) "Thoughts on language learning part 3 - game/story mode." by dodddummy.
- Comment 1: Joel H. on 2018-10-31: "Good ideas!"
- hpr2665 (2018-10-19) "Exercise and Diet" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: dodddummy on 2018-11-21: "You've convinced me."
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2018-11-28: "It is about making a decision"
- hpr2668 (2018-10-24) "Explaining the controls on my Amateur HF Radio Part 3" by MrX.
- Comment 2: lostnbronx on 2018-11-01: "Great Gear!"
- hpr2672 (2018-10-30) "Porteus" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Alison Chaiken on 2018-11-11: "particularly informative episode"
There are 15 comments on 8 of this month's shows:
- hpr2674 (2018-11-01) "Raspberry pi3 open media server" by JWP.
- Comment 1: Jason Lewis on 2018-11-01: "Volume"
- hpr2675 (2018-11-02) "YouTube Playlists" by Ahuka.
- hpr2676 (2018-11-05) "HPR Community News for October 2018" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: Ahuka on 2018-11-05: "What were you going to say?"
- Comment 2: dodddummy on 2018-11-07: "Smiling all the way to the end."
- Comment 3: dodddummy on 2018-11-07: "Ken's perfect example."
- Comment 4: Ken Fallon on 2018-11-22: "we'll get back to that"
- hpr2677 (2018-11-06) "Thoughts on language learning part 4 - RPG." by dodddummy.
- Comment 1: dodddummy on 2018-10-22: "Looks like I forgot to tuncate silence"
- hpr2679 (2018-11-08) "Extra ancillary Bash tips - 13" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2018-11-24: "Immediately useful"
- Comment 2: Dave Morriss on 2018-11-25: "Thanks clacke!"
- hpr2683 (2018-11-14) "Using Open source tools to visualize the heartrate and blood oxygen saturation level of my stepchild" by Jeroen Baten.
- hpr2684 (2018-11-15) "Making a remote control visible" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: ClaudioM on 2018-11-15: "LOL!"
- Comment 2: pauleb on 2018-11-16: "Great hack, great episode!!"
- hpr2693 (2018-11-28) "Getting started with web based game in Haskell and Elm" by tuturto.
- Comment 1: klaatu on 2018-11-30: "Cool game idea, cool intro"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2018-November/thread.html
Any other business
Hacker Public Radio New Year’s Eve Show
It’s that time of year again. Time for the Hacker Public Radio 24 hr (26 hr) New Years Eve Show.
For those who don’t know on New Years Eve 2018-12-31 at 10:00 am UTC (5:00 am EST) we will have a recording going on the HPR Mumble server (at ch1.teamspeak.cc on port 64747) for anyone to come on say “Happy New Year” and talk about what ever they want.
We will leave the recording going until 2019-01-01 12:00 am UTC (7:00 am EST) or until the conversation stops.
For those who have never used Mumble before, we have a guide over at linuxlugcast.com in our how to section explaining how to setup the desktop Mumble client, but Mumble isn’t only available for the desktop. It is also available for Android and IOS.
We are also going to setup an etherpad for people to share links to things they are discussing.
So please stop in. Say “Hi” and maybe join in the conversation with other HPR listeners and contributors. It’s always a good time.
New podcast -
Quoted from the site:
Libre Lounge is a podcast where we casually discuss various topics involving user freedom, crossing free software, free culture, network and hosting freedom, and libre hardware designs. We discuss everything from policy and licensing to deep dives on technical topics… whatever seems interesting that week. At some point we might even have guests!
Internet Archive funding drive
As you know, HPR uploads all current episodes to the Internet Archive at https://archive.org, and is in the process of uploading older shows, so we are particularly keen that this amazing service continues.
The Internet Archive is currently fundraising. Donations are currently being matched by a generous supporter, so this will double your impact if you are able to donate.
Tags and Summaries
Over the period tags and/or summaries have been added to 23 shows which were without them.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at https://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2696.wav