hpr2586 :: HPR Community News for June 2018
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in June 2018
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2018-07-02 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
There were no new hosts this month.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows
released during the month or to past shows.
There are 20 comments in total.
There are 10 comments on 7 previous shows:
- hpr1992 (2016-03-22) "How I'm handling my podcast-subscriptions and -listening" by folky.
- Comment 2: folky on 2018-06-07: "Changed links to my gits"
- hpr2158 (2016-11-09) "Art Club" by Brian in Ohio.
- Comment 1: MathMann on 2018-06-05: "Art Club"
- hpr2542 (2018-05-01) "How I helped my dad run a static website using SparkleShare" by clacke.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2018-06-15: "What is SparkleShare?"
- hpr2552 (2018-05-15) "What is stow?" by clacke.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2018-06-15: "Clarification"
- hpr2557 (2018-05-22) "Styx -- The Purely Functional Static Site Generator" by clacke.
- Comment 2: clacke on 2018-06-15: "Killer feature"
- hpr2558 (2018-05-23) "Battling with English - part 1" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Michael on 2018-06-14: "Great idea!"
- Comment 2: Dave Morriss on 2018-06-14: "Thanks Michael"
- Comment 3: Hipstre on 2018-06-15: "Battling With English"
- Comment 4: Dave Morriss on 2018-06-15: "Thanks Hipstre"
- hpr2562 (2018-05-29) "I bought a laptop" by clacke.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2018-06-15: "Pinebook"
There are 10 comments on 7 of this month's shows:
- hpr2566 (2018-06-04) "HPR Community News for May 2018" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: clacke on 2018-06-15: "The group of the tab is in the windowing (of it)"
- Comment 2: Dave Morriss on 2018-06-15: "I don't use multiple windows"
- hpr2568 (2018-06-06) "Personal finance" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: norrist on 2018-06-11: "Receint pocdast on US Social Security"
- hpr2574 (2018-06-14) "Personal cash-only finance" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: JWP on 2018-06-25: "This Show about Cash"
- hpr2576 (2018-06-18) "My swedish and german podcasts part 1" by folky.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2018-06-19: "Home country of choice"
- Comment 2: Clinton Roy on 2018-06-19: "A english/german recommendation"
- Comment 3: folky on 2018-06-20: "Here is the link"
- hpr2579 (2018-06-21) "Ubuntu 18.04 Mate" by Tony Hughes AKA TonyH1212.
- Comment 1: JWP on 2018-06-25: "Great Little update"
- hpr2582 (2018-06-26) "3 Contribution case studies" by klaatu.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2018-06-27: "Would love HPR feedback"
- hpr2585 (2018-06-29) "Check to see if a Remote Control is working" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: NYbill on 2018-06-29: "There is one more..."
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2018-June/thread.html
Any other business
There has been a change to the HPR workflow this month:
Earlier in 2018 a change was made to the database to add an additional version of the host name. This is intended to be spoken by
espeakand can hold an alternative spelling which
espeakhandles better in the audio preamble of shows. In this way the name
'thelovebug', for example, which
"Thel Ove Bug"can be stored as
The use of this field has now been incorporated into the workflow.
Many of these "espeak names" were changed in the database, but we probably haven't catered for them all. If your name is being mispronounced by
espeaklet us know and we'll try and fix it.
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2586.wav